Extended Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana) is one of the easier forward bends for yoga practitioners. The yoga position is good for relieving extra stress and tension. You should not forget that Extended Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana) is not a restorative pose. You should try this pose if you wanted to relax your mind and body. The other name for Extended Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana) is stress buster.
Step by step guide to Extended Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana)
- Take a yoga mat and sit properly keeping your legs stretched and straight. Make sure that your wrists are directed below shoulders and knees are directed under hips.
- With the help of your hands try to walk slowly and bend your chest towards floor.
- Exhale slowly and drop your buttocks downwards so that it could reach halfway to feet. Make sure that your arms are straight and stretched and still touching the floor. Don’t hit the ground with your arms at all.
- Move your head forward and try to touch the floor with your forehead. Keep your back in arch position when touching floor with your forehead. Keep your arms rested on floor in front of you.
- Hold the position for up to 30 seconds to 60 seconds ad inhale deeply. Repeat the same process several times to make your body even more flexible.
It would be great to practice Extended Puppy Pose (Uttana Shishosana) under trained yoga practitioner. You should not try this pose if you have knee or hip injuries.