Yoga is an excellent medium of improving physical and mental health of an individual. It is a spiritual practice in India to improve severe body conditions. Chair Pose (Utkatasana) is a standing yoga posture that is especially done to tone the thighs. It is practiced to strengthen your body and also improves your stamina. Chair Pose (Utkatasana) is excellent for various body parts like thighs, neck, ankles, back, heart etc. It also stretches the chest and arms upwards. It stimulates metabolic system and respiratory system. It improves overall energy level and reduces extra stress.
Step by step guide to Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
- Start with mountain pose by keeping your both feet together slightly apart from each other. Inhale deeply and raise your arms up perpendicular to floor. Bend your knees and exhale slowly. Bend your thighs parallel to floor and rest in the same position for few seconds.
- Draw shoulders blades into upper back ribs and never keep your rib cage forward. Stretch your lower back and draw tailbone down to floor.
- Keep your hips slightly downwards and life up through hear. It will slightly increase your heart rate. Now shift your weight into heels approximately 80 percent so that you can lift up your toes slightly from yoga mat.
- Inhale deep and smooth for easy breath. Now spread your shoulder blades apart. Your palm should face each other and keep your thumbs pointing outwards.
- Gaze forward between your hands and hold the same position for up to one minute. Now exhale slowly and come back to Mountain pose. Don’t forget that it takes time to experience yoga benefits.