Child Pose (Balasana) stretches or releases lower back and spine system. The position can be used to warm up your body. Your spine will stretched when you will drop weight of your hips over your heels and your head should relax over ground. Breathe evenly and try to relax your body with each breathe. Keep your arms stretched and try to hold your heels with your hand. If you are feeling uncomfortable then you can support your heels with blanket that reduces stress over knees and hips.
Step by step guide to Child Pose (Balasana)
- Child Pose (Balasana) is suitable for everybody. You should start with table pose.
- Keep your arms stretched properly and exhale slowly when you are resting your upper body over thighs.
- Relax your forehead on the floor and your palms should be facing upwards.
- Now exhale slowly and your spine system would get stretched during process.
- You can easily hold the position for several minutes. As a beginner, it is a nice idea to hold the position for two minutes.
- Now release back your body to seated position and repeat the Child Pose (Balasana) several times. In case, you have knee problem then you should avoid Child Pose (Balasana).
Undoubtedly, Child Pose (Balasana) works excellent for spine system and lower back. As a beginner, it is easy to practice this yoga position. If you are still confused then you could take help from yoga videos or consult with some yoga expert.