Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) is excellent for the people suffering from back pain. It opens up your chest and stretches your legs and arms. It reduces stiffness in the lower back. In case, you have any menstrual irregularities then Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) is wonderful for you. It helps in reducing extra stress and anxiety. Let us check how to perform Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) step by step.
- Take a yoga mat and lie on your belly button. Rest on the floor with your lower arms by keeping your head downwards.
- Now raise your forehead and gaze upwards. Stretch your arms backwards and maintain your body weight on the chest.
- Take your head little backwards towards back and maintain your head position and body weight properly. Now try to move your belly slightly backwards as someone is stretching your arms. It puts slight pressure on your back and helps in reducing lower back pain.
- In case you could not lift up your chest then support your chest with arms without losing the bend. Keep your arms little inwards and perpendicular to floor. Your lower back should be relaxed and balance your body weight throughout the process.
- Once you are stable, try to hold the same position for up to 30 seconds. Keep your shoulders blades below ears and repeat the procedure for up to 15 to 20 times.
You should not try this pose if you have neck or back injuries. Initially, you may feel awkward pain inside your body. With regular practice, you may improve flexibility and stiffness.