Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana) is a forward bend and also taken as core exercise. It is good to keep your body relaxed and calm. By stretching your body slightly before going to bed, you can enjoy a tight sleep. It makes your lower back and hips more relaxed and calm. When you are practicing Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana), give support to your neck by some blanket or pillow. Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana) is good for advancer as well as new yoga practitioners.
Step by step guide to Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana)
- You can start Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana) with lying position on your back. Keep your knees folded and press your belly button with your knees.
- Inhale deeply and hold your feet with your hands. If you are not able to support your feet with your hands then you could use some prop. Keep your legs wider then torso to enjoy full benefits of Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana).
- Now align each ankle over each knee to make a right angle to ground. Thrust your hands between legs to create resistance.
- Push your tailbone downwards as much as your spine is stretched. Try to maintain the pose so that your hips don’t come off the mat.
- Hold the position for up to 60 seconds and exhale slowly. Release your body back to normal position and repeat the process again to add flexibility to your hips and lower back.