Standing Half Forward Bend (Ardha Uttanasana) completely focuses over back muscles and abdomen muscles. It is excellent for increasing flexibility of leg muscles and spine system. As a beginner, if you are facing any difficulty then keep your legs slightly bended to make this position easier. Put your hands over thighs to support your spine system. It is good for stretching torso and back muscles. It also improves your overall body balance. For girls facing problems with menstrual cycle should try Standing Half Forward Bend (Ardha Uttanasana). It is also good for asthma and headache patients. It also helps with your blood pressure and nervous system. As a beginner, you could simplify the posture with slight variations. If you are not able to touch the floor then keep your palms over thighs.
Step by step guide to standing Half Forward Bend (Ardha Uttanasana)
- Take a yoga mat and stand straight with your feet parallel to each other.
- Press your feet against floor and ground your body strongly.
- Exhale slowly and bend down with your hips. Try to keep your knees straight, if possible.
- Keep your palms on the floor and try to press then against floor slowly.
- Inhale slowly and try to go deeper with stretch when you are inhaling.
- If you are feeling uncomfortable then you can bend your knees to support your back.
- Now gaze into forward direction and exhale slowly.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds and release your body back to normal position.